1. He should have passed the Intermediate (PreEngg) Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education of Pakistan or an equivalent examination so recognized by the University.
2. Intermediate or an equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science shall be acceptable only for Computer, Software, Telecom Engineering and Computer Science.
3. Intermediate or an equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and Statistics shall be acceptable only for Computer Science.
4. He should have passed the examination (up to the latest annual examination) on the basis of which he seeks admission.
5. He should have obtained at least 60% unadjusted marks in examination on the basis of which he seeks admission. Marks of NCC and Hifz-e-Quran, where applicable, shall be added only for determination of merit and not towards eligibility. Rounding off percentage figure to make it 60% will not be considered towards eligibilty.
6. He should be a bonafide resident of the area from where he seeks admission.
7. He should meet standards of physique and eyesight laid down in the medical certificate F-V.
8. He should have appeared in the Entry Test for the respective session arranged by the University with the following combinations (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry /Computer Science/Statistics.)
b. Equivalent Examination: The university recognizes the following examinations as equivalent to the Intermediate (Pre-Engg) Examination with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics of the Pakistan Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education:
1) Intermediate (Pre-engineering Examination of the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Azad, Kashmir.
2) F.Sc. (Pre-medical) with Mathematics as an additional subject.
3)* Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
4) British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
5) American High School Graduate Diploma (HSG Diploma).
6) Any foreign equivalent certificate or diploma accepted by IBCC (Inter Board Chairmen Committee).
Note: Applicants (Sr. No. 3 to 6) are required to attach an equivalence certificate (Pre-Engineering) issued by the IBCC, with the application for admission. The following is the address of the IBCC:
Inter Board Committee of Chairman,
Plot No. 25 Street No. 39, G-10/4, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Phone No. 0519330251